St John Rigby College recognises that everyone has a duty ensure the safety and welfare of all staff and students.
Through our safeguarding polices and procedures we aim to:
The Governing Body is also regularly involved in safeguarding updates and training as required.
To access our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy as well as other relevant policies please go to the Policy & Procedures , click link below.
Please see useful parent/carer links below:
· Online safety https://www.internetmatters.org/
· Child Exploitation and Online Protection https://www.ceop.police.uk/Safety-Centre/
· Childline https://www.childline.org.uk/
· Young Minds Parents Helpline and Webchat
· Talking to your teenager – NHS – https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/children-and-young-adults/advice-for-parents/talk-to-your-teenager/
· NSPC Positive Parenting Guide https://learning.nspcc.org.uk/media/1195/positive-parenting.pdf
· Prevent (Action Counters Terrorism) https://actearly.uk/
· Concept Training: Talking to your teenager with
autism about radicalisation https://www.concept-training.co.uk/p25630/
Meet the Safeguarding team below:
If you’re not quite ready to start on a Level 3 Technical course (T Levels) or a Vocational Level 3 course (BTEC) but want to begin on the path to your chosen career, the Transition Programme could be for you.
Transition Programmes are tailored to prepare students to move onto Technical or Vocational Level 3 study. They will give you the opportunity to improve your English and Maths, your work readiness skills and introduce you to the technical skills and concepts that you will need for future study and employment.
As part of the Transition Programme you will study a BTEC Level 2 Award in your chosen subject area as well as the BTEC Level 2 Extended Award in Work Skills. You will also have the opportunity to resit GCSE English and/or Maths if you have not yet achieved a grade 4.
Entry criteria for Transition Programmes is four grade 3s including grade 3s in English Language and Maths GCSE.