Our Careers Mission
St John Rigby College, will ensure that every student is exposed to a variety of opportunities to enable them to build a toolkit of employability skills for their future roles in society.
Our careers team will:
- Provide support so that students understand and develop relevant employability skills for future careers.
- Work with Progress tutors and Subject teachers to guide students to make informed and personalised decisions.
- Provide guidance through Higher Education and Apprenticeship applications, vacancy searches, CV writing and interview techniques.
- Host career events and career talks.
- Introduce students to leading employers and training providers in the UK.
Please find details of our Careers and Progression Programme here:
Carol is available for 1:1 discussions from day one of your time at SJR.
To contact Carol to make an appointment or for some information/guidance, please email: email@example.com
The College has its own Careers Advisor, Carol Charnock who has an office in the Library on the top floor of the main block. Students can arrange to meet with Charnock for a 1-1 discussion, by making an appointment at the Library desk or by email.
Carol has expertise in HE applications, apprenticeships and employer links, and is also able to provide you with up-to-date information, advice and guidance on local job vacancies and employer developments and initiatives.
The Careers Advisor works closely with Progress Tutors and Senior Tutors, Heads of Department & Course Leaders and Subject Teachers, so that a comprehensive Careers and Higher Education programme is delivered with the best interests of all students at heart.