This careers academy supports students studying either (or both) A Level Music and BTEC Diploma in Music Production.
This careers academy is designed for those who have a serious interest in the music industry and are looking to follow a career in this.
• Looking at the careers and industries contained in the Music sphere.
• Case studies to look at success stories in the industry
• Practical sessions designed to build skills and build your portfolio
• Portfolio building with SoundCloud, YouTube a website and much more.
• Guest speakers and visits tailored for students studying this programme.
• Assistance in writing a personal statement and specialised help for those applying to conservatoire or university for Music / Music Technology courses.
• Royal Northern College of Music
• Huddersfield University
• Manchester Academies
• Ostereo Records
• Other industry professionals during the year
• Listening skills
• Research skills
• Time management
• Critical evaluation
• Organisational skills
• Presentation skills
• Skills of IT and technology
The skills and experience gained through this programme will put you ahead of the rest and give you a ready-made portfolio to take to auditions and interviews.
You will learn the myriad of career pathways you can take within the subjects of Music and Music Technology and how these can be approached.
Due to the independent study side of this Careers Academy, this is a sought-after addition on applications as employers and universities can see the willingness of students to go the extra mile.
Our Elective Programme is designed to help you develop your gifts and interests as part of an enhanced level 3 programme. We will help you realise your potential by nurturing your talent and preparing you for study at the most prestigious universities or for progression to competitive higher-level apprenticeships. Your options range from our Honours Programme, which might include following a fourth A level, to specialist Futures Programmes that will support your career goals.
If you’re not quite ready to start on a Level 3 Technical course (T Levels) or a Vocational Level 3 course (BTEC) but want to begin on the path to your chosen career, the Transition Programme could be for you.
Transition Programmes are tailored to prepare students to move onto Technical or Vocational Level 3 study. They will give you the opportunity to improve your English and Maths, your work readiness skills and introduce you to the technical skills and concepts that you will need for future study and employment.
As part of the Transition Programme you will study a BTEC Level 2 Award in your chosen subject area as well as the BTEC Level 2 Extended Award in Work Skills. You will also have the opportunity to resit GCSE English and/or Maths if you have not yet achieved a grade 4.
Entry criteria for Transition Programmes is four grade 3s including grade 3s in English Language and Maths GCSE.