5 grade 4’s including English Language and Mathematics and a grade 4 in science (if pursuing a career in primary teaching).
You will be assessed through:
• 2 written examinations (Paper A and Paper B)
• an employer-set project (ESP) – a supervised project
• 750 hours work placement (over the course of two years)
The Core Component provides a high-level foundation of knowledge and skills that are relevant to all Occupational Specialisms within this qualification. The Occupational Specialism Component covers the knowledge, understanding, skills and behaviours required to achieve threshold competence in Early years education and childcare. English, mathematics, and digital skills are also embedded throughout the course. You will also study
• Support and promote children’s play, development, and early education
• Develop relationships with children to facilitate their development
• Plan, provide and review care, play and educational opportunities to enable children to progress
• Safeguard and promote the health, safety, and wellbeing of children
• Work in partnership with colleagues, parents, carers, and other professionals to support children’s development
On successful completion of the course you will be able to enter either
• Higher education
Our Elective Programme is designed to help you develop your gifts and interests as part of an enhanced level 3 programme. We will help you realise your potential by nurturing your talent and preparing you for study at the most prestigious universities or for progression to competitive higher-level apprenticeships. Your options range from our Honours Programme, which might include following a fourth A level, to specialist Futures Programmes that will support your career goals.
If you’re not quite ready to start on a Level 3 Technical course (T Levels) or a Vocational Level 3 course (BTEC) but want to begin on the path to your chosen career, the Transition Programme could be for you.
Transition Programmes are tailored to prepare students to move onto Technical or Vocational Level 3 study. They will give you the opportunity to improve your English and Maths, your work readiness skills and introduce you to the technical skills and concepts that you will need for future study and employment.
As part of the Transition Programme you will study a BTEC Level 2 Award in your chosen subject area as well as the BTEC Level 2 Extended Award in Work Skills. You will also have the opportunity to resit GCSE English and/or Maths if you have not yet achieved a grade 4.
Entry criteria for Transition Programmes is four grade 3s including grade 3s in English Language and Maths GCSE.