The Pearson BTEC Level 2 in Work Skills enables students to:
• Develop skills valued by employers and are in demand in the workplace
• Develop knowledge related to employability and the workplace
• Embrace the 21st century workplace and build a career plan
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification that prepares them for employment or self-employment
• Develop self-awareness of skills and knowledge and the ability to continually upskill to meet the changing demands of the workplace
For a level 2 programme, students will be expected to have gained 4 grade 3s including English Language and Maths at grade 3
The BTEC Extended Award in Work Skills has three units of study and each unit will be internally assessed.
What will I study?
Our Elective Programme is designed to help you develop your gifts and interests as part of an enhanced level 3 programme. We will help you realise your potential by nurturing your talent and preparing you for study at the most prestigious universities or for progression to competitive higher-level apprenticeships. Your options range from our Honours Programme, which might include following a fourth A level, to specialist Futures Programmes that will support your career goals.
If you’re not quite ready to start on a Level 3 Technical course (T Levels) or a Vocational Level 3 course (BTEC) but want to begin on the path to your chosen career, the Transition Programme could be for you.
Transition Programmes are tailored to prepare students to move onto Technical or Vocational Level 3 study. They will give you the opportunity to improve your English and Maths, your work readiness skills and introduce you to the technical skills and concepts that you will need for future study and employment.
As part of the Transition Programme you will study a BTEC Level 2 Award in your chosen subject area as well as the BTEC Level 2 Extended Award in Work Skills. You will also have the opportunity to resit GCSE English and/or Maths if you have not yet achieved a grade 4.
Entry criteria for Transition Programmes is four grade 3s including grade 3s in English Language and Maths GCSE.